Fairfax Families For Safe Streets (Ffx FSS) brings the community together to create safe streets for all people to walk and bike, by telling the impact stories, educating the general public, and educating policymakers about policies and investments that eliminate traffic-related fatalities and injuries in our city.
Vision Zero, a program that Fairfax County is considering implementing, is a strategy to eliminate all traffic fatalities and severe injuries, while increasing safe, healthy, equitable mobility for all.
Ffx FSS members are crash survivors, family members of crash fatalities and concerned citizens to bring about change on our streets.
We are in the formative stage of developing Ffx FSS into an advocacy organization that will encourage Fairfax County to instill a sense of urgency in implementing a Vision Zero plan.
Ffx FSS has developed a Web Site, Facebook & Instagram pages and a Twitter presence to broaden Ffx FSS’ base of engagement.
For 2020 / 2021 Ffx FSS is focusing on:
- Educational programs to help facilitate behavioral change with the public as well as,
- Launch a “Near Miss” survey to identify dangerous intersections and/or driver behavior and develop analytics to help avoid future crash sites,
- Promote walking as the simplest, most cost-efficient way to improve a city’s economic and environmental viability.
- Help foster regulatory changes regarding traffic laws / penalties
- Hoping to coordinate with other groups in the region to create a broader base of constituents to advocate for street safety changes